Google’s Nexus S smartphone which runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, now can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Yes, this is all true and possible, all you have to do is to install a custom firmware of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Google Nexus S. Here you are going to see How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by CM 10.1 M3 on Google Nexus S.
- This update is only applicable on Google Nexus S smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you many bug problems and some undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by installing this firmware on your device. Try to apply this update at your own risk.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone. If not you can follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- You need to backup of all your phone’s data like texts, contacts, apps, documents and all the other important ones.
- You need to have a proper data cable to attach your phone to the PC
- Your phone should be charged up to 75% to run the installation process
Upgrade Google Nexus to CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download a custom ROM for your Nexus S. If you don’t know how to download it, you can download it from the below link directly.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 for Google Nexus S :
Step 2 :
- Secondly download Google apps to re install them on new OS upgraded device. You can follow the below link to download this Google apps package.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your Nexus to the PC by using a data cable and make sure that it is connected in USB Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- After that copy these downloaded files on your Phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- When the files transferred, disconnect the device and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, go to the recovery mode. You can do so by by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. In a few seconds you will be seeing something on your display, after that release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- In the recovery menu, you can navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu and confirm this process. This process will remove your previous OS to install a new one. You can easily find out this option from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- After that select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the ROM files which we have copied earlier on the device’s memory card. After selecting this confirm the process to install this ROM on your Nexus S.
Step 10 :
- After completing this, choose Google apps and do repeat the above step once again to install Google apps on your device.
Step 11 :
- Now, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your Nexus S will automatically reboot by now. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation ans start.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed CM 10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Stable firmware on your Google Nexus S. To manually check this update follow this.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware