Samsung most anticipated and much awaited smartphone Samsung Galaxy S4 gets its first CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware. You can upgrade your S4 device with this firmware. This firmware fixes bug issues and gives you more smoother UI. Here you are going to see how to upgrade Galaxy S4 to this CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware. This step by step detailed installation guide can help you to update your device. Take a look!
- Here mentioned, CM 10.1 custom firmware is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you some undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes from this update. Try at your own risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other useful and important ones.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not you can follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC to run the installation process.
- Ensure that your device is charged up to 70%.
Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware by CM 10.1:
Step 1 :
- First of all you need to download this CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware. If you are not aware from where to download this update, you can download it from the below link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware :
Step 2 :
- Download Google apps to re install them on new OS of your device. You can get it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- After complete downloading, connect your device to the PC by using a data cable. Make sure it is connected in USB Mass Storage option. This is essential to transfer files on your device.
Step 4 :
- Now, copy the downloaded files on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Open recovery menu of your device. Boot the device into recovery mode. You can start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release buttons.
Step 7 :
- Now, in the recovery menu navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a power button.
Step 8 :
- From recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- After this, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.1 ROM ZIP files and confirm the installation process.
Step 10 :
- After installing this ROM, choose Google apps package and repeat the same process again.
Step 11 :
- Now, from the recovery menu, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your device will go reboot itself. This time it will take 4 to 5 minutes to start. To complete the installation this much time is required.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stable OS on your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. You can check this update manually from your device by following the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
UPDATE: Many of the users have reported that this procedure is not working. We will soon come up with a detailed and 100% working guide about - CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy S4 I9500. Keep yourself updated with our blog to stay notified about our latest posts.