One more update for Samsung Galaxy S Advance is here. Galaxy S Advance gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware from JellyMod developers. Fortunately, here you are going to see how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone to this latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. A complete step by step installation guide to upgrade your phone. Follow it from here!
- This update is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone. Do not try to apply this update on any of your Android smartphone, it may get you some data lose issues with many undone results if you do so. We are not responsible for any undone outcomes and issues after installing this update on your device. Try at your own risk.
- Your Galaxy S Advance smartphone must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it.
- Make sure your USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Ensure your device is charged up to 80%
- Have a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
- Take a good backup of all your device’s data like apps, contacts, notes and all the others
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Advance by JellyMod 4.0 :
Step 1 :
- Initially you need to download the custom ROM for this update on your desktop. You can follow the below link to download this ROM.
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your newly upgraded Galaxy S Advance. You can get it from the below link.
- Download Google apps :
Step 3 :
- After completing all, connect your device to the PC by using a proper data cable. Make sure it is connected in Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy all the above downloaded files on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Then after disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, boot your device in the Recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your device’s screen, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- You are now on your phone’s recovery menu. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and volume up buttons and can select any option by Power button.
Step 8 :
- From the recovery menu, select the wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process by tapping on to YES.
Step 9 :
- Now, come back to main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the downloaded ROM from your memory card.
Step 10 :
- After completing this, browse to Google apps and repeat the above process again.
Step 11 :
- Now, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- Your device will go reboot itself and this time it takes several minutes to start.
Step 13 :
- Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance is now running on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Operating system.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings >>About Phone>>Software Firmware
By now, you can use all the new features and functions of the latest Android 4.2.2 firmware from your device with numerous apps and games within it. Do let us know if there’s any problem knocks with you.