Official CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy R I9103 (CM 10.1) – Update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware [Installation Tutorial]
Samsung Galaxy R I9103 gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by CyanogenMod developers. Galaxy R now can be upgraded to the latest Android Jelly Bean OS. Here in this article you are going to see how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy R smartphone. CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM is there to be installed on your smartphone. Take a look!
- This installation guide is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy R smartphone. You are requested not to try this update on any of your other smartphones. It may get you may bugs problems and some data lose issues. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by installing this firmware on your smartphone. Try at your own risk.
- Have a backup of your device’s data like contacts, texts, apps and all the other important ones
- Your smartphone must have a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure your smartphone’s USB debugging is enabled. If not try this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Ensure that yous phone is charged enough up to 80%
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy R I9103 by CyanogenMod 10.1 :
Step 1 :
- Initially some downloading process needed. First of all you need to download Android 4.2.2 custom ROM for your Galaxy device. You can follow the below link to download it.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean :
Step 2 :
- Download Google apps to re install on your newly upgraded phone. You can follow the below link to download it.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your Galaxy R to the PC by using a proper data cable. Make sure it is connected in Mass storage mode.
Step 4 :
- Copy above downloaded files to your smartphone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- After copying the files, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, boot your device into recovery mode. You can do so by by by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your screen, release all the buttons to start recovery menu.
Step 7 :
- To navigate to the options in recovery menu you can use Volume down and Volume up keys and to select any option press Power button.
Step 8 :
- Now, from the recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset and do confirm the process.
Step 9 :
- after that, come back to the menu and Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and choose the CM 10.1 custom ROM files of Android Jelly Bean.
Step 10 :
- Now, return back and select Google apps to install on your device.
Step 11 :
- After completing the installation, select +++Go Back+++ and select Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- Your Galaxy R will reboot by now and this time it’ll takes several minutes to start as it needs some time to complete the installation.
Step 13 :
- You’ve successfully installed Android’s latest OS Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy R I9130 smartphone by CM 10.1. You can manually check this update from your device. Just
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware