You may be little unhappy with this update as this is in beta realease and have several bugs on this rom.But we should aplaud the work done by the third party developers for developing rom’s at free of cost which are really worth even if we pay a good amount for it because of the excellent User Interface and customization options available.This rom is is codenamed as jbroICS which will enable Android 4.0.4 ICS on your Galaxy note after following this Complete guide.Users have been waiting for a official update from so long but their seems to be no news yet from samsung’s side.After installing custom firmware your device’s warranty gets void to reclaim the warranty just unroot it and install the stock firmware on it.
Disclaimer: This is to inform you that these update is unofficial and nor the developer or Droidlawn.com for any mishap caused to your device while installing the update.Make sure your read the prior conditions and procedure carefully.If you are facing some problems while updating your phone we request you to contact as through our Facebook Official fanpage or comment section.
Pre-requisites for the installation process
- The battery on phone should be nearly 50 % charged otherwise your device can shutdown during the updation process.To check the battery use the following path:Settings>About phone>Status>Battery level
- This is a unofficial update and not from HTC
- Take a complete backup of Call logs,Contacts,Messages and notes as after updating you will loose the following data
- Then start USB debugging, Follow the path to start debugging Enter “Settings” and select “Applications”and then select “Development and after that “just select USB debugging
- This update is available to all Prerooted phones
- Disable all the Firewalls ,Antvirus softwares on your phone and PC
Steps to Install jBroICS Android 4.0.4 ROM for Galaxy Note
- Your Galaxy note must be rooted also and should have clockwork mod installed on it.
- Another thing is that the phone must be already enabled with this ICS firmware on it i9220LP1.
- Dowload the following packages from the Offical development thread on XDA.
- Connect your device to the Computer using orginal USB cable’s by samsung(Safety Issue)
- Drag and Drop the File you downloaded from XDA
- Deattach the Usb cable’s from your device and Power it off
- Now you have to enter the recovery mode,to enter recovery Follow the path : Vol UP + Vol Down and Power button.After the process you would enter the Clock recovery mode
- Wipe data and factory reset and Wipe cache select “Yes” after both the option’s
- You need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the filw you download to select we use the center button in recovery mode and to change the postion up and down we use the Volume buttons.
- Soon after selecting it with start flashing and show the status as installation complete
- That’s great you are no more a noob in flashin roms .Is not it?Visit Droidlawn for any android rom’s related trouble
Filed in: Samsung